BENEFITS & PRIVILEGES
It is the duty of the state to provide support to our Senior Citizens. Thus, here are the benefits and privileges granted to them.
Senior Citizen's I.D.
How can I get my Senior Citizen’s ID?
Do the following steps:
- Visit the Office of the Senior Citizen’s Affairs (OSCA) in your area. Make sure to bring all the requirements.
- The person-in-charge will assist you in filling out the application form with your basic information and signature.
- Wait for the ID to be processed.
Where can I get my Senior Citizen's I.D.?
Here are the location of the OSCA offices:
- OSCA Manila City – Room 111, 1st Floor, Manila City Hall Building, Villegas Street, Ermita, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila
- OSCA Makati City – Makati City Hall, J.P. Rizal Street, Barangay Poblacion, Makati, 1200 Metro Manila
- OSCA Quezon City – Gate 6 Quezon City Hall Complex, Kalayaan Avenue, Mayaman Street, Barangay Diliman, Quezon City, 1101 Metro Manila
Here are qualified senior citizens who can avail the ID:
- Must be 60 years old and above.
- Must be a Filipino citizen who is a resident of the Philippines.
- Dual citizens who have at least six months of residency in the Philippines.
Please bring the following:
- 1 x 1 Recent ID photo (4 copies)
- Application Form (available & filled up at the OSCA office)
- Photocopy of any of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Voter’s ID (Comelec)
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Old Residence Certificate
- Postal ID
- Any combination of identification documents confirming the applicant’s name, date of birth and present address.
Benefits & Privileges
After availing a Senior Citizen’s ID, the senior citizens can enjoy the following privileges.
20% Discount & VAT ExemptionVAT – Value Added Tax
Medical Related Privileges
- Medicine and drug purchases
- Essential medical supplies, accessories, and equipment
- Medical and dental services in private facilities
- Professional fees for attending physician/s
- Professional fees of licensed health workers providing home health care services
Admission Fees Privileges
- Cinema houses and concert halls
- Carnivals, and other similar places of culture, leisure, and amusement.
Domestic Transportation Privileges
- Fare for domestic air, and sea travel, including advanced booking.
- Fare in public railways, including LRT, MRT, and PNR, fares in buses (PUB), jeepneys (PUJ), taxi and shuttle services (AUV).
Funeral & Burial Services
- Casket or urn
- Cremation cost and
- Viewing or wake cost
- Pick-up from the hospital morgue
- Transport of the body to the intended burial site in the place of origin.
Hotels, restaurants, recreational centers, and places of leisure, and funeral services
- Hotel and similar lodging establishments:
- It includes beach and mountain resorts. The discount shall be for room accommodation and other amenities offered by the establishment.
- Food, drinks, dessert and other consumable items.
- Charges and rental for sports facilities or equipment
- Venues for recreational activity facilities
Utility Discounts5% up to 50% discounts are available for senior citizens. See the details below.
- The grant of a minimum of five percent (5%) discount relative to the monthly utilization of water and electricity by households with senior citizens.
- To avail of the discount, the senior citizen shall submit requirements.
- The bills for the electricity, water, telephone consumption for DSWD-accredited senior citizens centers and residential care institutions or group homes that are government-run or organized and operated by non-stock, non-profit domestic corporations, primarily for the purpose of promoting the well-being of abandoned, neglected, unattached or homeless senior citizens can avail the 50% discount.
Other PrivilegesOther privileges the senior citizens can enjoy.
Income Tax Exemption
- There is an exemption from tax payment to those senior citizens who are considered to be minimum wage earner in accordance with Republic Act No. 9504.
Free Vaccinations for Indigent Senior Citizens
- The DOH shall administer free vaccinations against the influenza virus and pneumococcal disease for indigent senior citizen patients.
Privileges on Granting Special Discounts in Special Programs
- To the extent possible, the government may grant special discounts in special programs for senior citizens on the purchase of basic necessities and prime commodities provided that they develop guidelines.
Exemption from Training Fees
- The senior citizen shall be exempted from training fees for socio-economic programs conducted by private and government agencies subject to the guidelines issued by the authorities.
- Vocational or technical education
- Learning materials
*Provided, that senior citizens shall meet minimum admission requirements.
Express Lanes Privileges
- Accessible express lanes for senior citizens shall be provided in all private, banking, commercial, and government establishments; priority shall be given to them of there is none.
Free Medical and Dental Services in Government Facilities
- Medical and dental services, diagnostic and laboratory tests requested by the physician in accordance with the rules and regulations to be issued by the DOH, in coordination with PhilHealth
Benefits and Privileges for Retirees
- To the extent practicable and feasible, the senior citizen shall be granted the continuance of the same benefits and privileges given by the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), Social Security System (SSS) and PAG-IBIG, as the case may be, as are enjoyed by those in active service.